Crafty Christmas

Ok, so obviously I'm not a blogger, but I had to share my recent projects!! I love making fun things, but am not creative, so thank you, Pinterest for inspiration!
First up: Stockings!
Ok, so these were in the making before Pinterest, but I just finished them and LOOOOVE them! I used a microsuede/sherpa throw I got at ALDI (of all places?!) for $11.99. I was able to cut out all 6 from one. Then a year later, my friend Hope let me come hang out with her while she embroidered our names on them. Took me just a few minutes to sew them all together and... voila! They are the most perfect stockings for us!






Next on the list: Tree Skirt
I have shopped for a tree skirt for the last 10 years and either didn't like any, or they were way too expensive... 10 years I've used a plain red dollar store one, just "temporarily." Finally, Pinterest came along and I saw a few different versions of this and had enough inspiration to make mine. This is the closest and best tutorial, I wanted more rows of narrower layers so mine are cut 3-4" wide instead of 6" and ended up being 9 layers. It's almost as perfect as the stockings!

And these babies: Thumbprint Reindeer Family Cards
Picture coming soon, I'm not quite done yet. I initially wanted to make cards to save on buying some, and I did, but not a whole lot. But I love that the kids could work on them and they're personalized :) These were also a Pinterest inspired project!

No comments: